This two-day course is essential if you need the skills required to carry out internal audits against ISO 9001:2015 requirements. It will teach you how to plan, prepare, evaluate and implement corrective action.
Internal audits satisfy the requirements of ISO 9001, which stipulates regular audits should be conducted at planned intervals to uphold an approval. Conducted properly, an internal audit can improve organisational performance and your QMS at the same time.
Who should attend?
- Individuals responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a QMS to the organisation
- Those requiring the knowledge and skills necessary to interpret the ISO 9001 standard in the context of internal auditing.
What will you learn?
- The role of a management systems and internal audits
- The role and responsibilities of an Internal QMS Auditor
- To plan your audits by developing effective checklists
- To carry out your audits using LRQA's 6 Stage Approach
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and sampling of documents
- To evaluate and report audit findings
- To identify conformity, nonconformity and effectiveness
- What is corrective action and who takes responsibility
- To follow up and verify the effectiveness of corrective action taken.
What do you need to prepare?
- Prior knowledge of management systems and PDCA cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement quality management
- Fundamental concepts and principles
- Relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
- An understanding of the requirements of ISO 9001 and the commonly used terms and definitions, as given in ISO 9001 that can be gained by attending our Introduction to ISO 9001 course or equivalent.
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- Certificate of attendance.
Training from LRQA
With LRQA, you can access a wide range of courses to help you further your career and bring improvements to the management systems in your organisation. With many learning styles to choose from, our training courses can help you develop and reach your next level. Find out more about Training Courses from LRQA.
Your future development
- QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor CQI & IRCA certified
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- Business Improvement Courses.
This course can be delivered as an in-company event
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.