The QMS Lead Auditor course has been designed to help you prepare on-site audits, develop checklists, audit processes, gather and evaluate evidence, write reports and relate your findings to policy and objectives.
There are three delivery options for you to choose from; a 38-hour virtual classroom course delivered in 5 sessions; a 40-hour virtual classroom course delivered in 7 sessions and the traditional face to face 5-day classroom course.
The virtual classroom courses are delivered in real time by experienced tutors via our online platform and provide delegates with the flexibility of attending from a convenient place, without the requirement of travelling.
Successful completion increases your credibility, satisfies the formal training requirements stipulated by the CQI & IRCA and enable you to conduct external audits against ISO 9001.
Who should attend?
- Organisations who need to audit QMS against ISO 9001 requirements
- Auditors or Quality Systems Managers wanting to add credibility with a widely accepted qualification issued by an UKAS approved certification body
- Anyone wanting to satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA certification.
What will you learn?
- Purpose of a QMS and ISO 9001 principles
- Essential definitions and terminology
- Analyse ISO 9001 clauses and identify conformance with requirements
- Role and responsibilities of an auditor/lead auditor
- Plan and conduct an interview with top management
- Evaluate an organisation’s quality policy and objectives
- Prepare an on-site audit plan with audit trails across processes and team members
- Audit processes for conformance and effectiveness
- Prepare thoroughly for audit and produce process-based checklists
- Gather and evaluate objective evidence
- Identify conformance and non-conformance with requirements
- Report findings accurately against requirements of ISO 9001
- Write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
- Relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organisation
- Present your overall evaluation to top management.
What do you need to prepare?
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and experience of auditing
- Basic understanding of how organisation works and the role of top management
- Complete approximately 2 hours of pre-course work prior to attending the course.
- 44 CPD hours
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- CQI & IRCA Certificate
Your future development
- OH&S and EMS Auditor/Lead Auditor conversion courses
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- See our Business Improvement courses.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.