The QMS Lead Auditor course has been designed to help you prepare on-site audits, develop checklists, audit processes, gather and evaluate evidence, write reports and relate your findings to policy and objectives.
There are three delivery options for you to choose from; a 38-hour virtual classroom course delivered in 5 sessions; a 40-hour virtual classroom course delivered in 7 sessions and the traditional face to face 5-day classroom course.
The virtual classroom courses are delivered in real time by experienced tutors via our online platform and provide delegates with the flexibility of attending from a convenient place, without the requirement of travelling.
Successful completion increases your credibility, satisfies the formal training requirements stipulated by the CQI & IRCA and enable you to conduct external audits against ISO 9001.
You need this course if...
▪ You want to audit Quality Management Systems against ISO 9001 requirements
▪ You are an Auditor or Quality System Manager and want to add to your credibility with
a widely accepted qualification
▪ You want to satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA auditor certification
You will learn…
- The purpose of a QMS and the ISO 9000 principles of quality management
▪ Essential definitions to help you interpret and audit ISO 9001 requirements
▪ To analyse ISO 9001 clauses and suggest examples of evidence that would show
conformance with these requirements
▪ The roles and responsibilities of an auditor and lead auditor
▪ To plan and conduct an interview with top management and evaluate an organisation’s
quality policy and objectives
▪ To prepare an on-site audit plan that establishes effective audit trails across processes
and between members of an audit team
▪ How to audit processes for conformance and effectiveness, including any specific
▪ To prepare thoroughly for audit and produce process based checklists
▪ To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing
▪ How to evaluate objective evidence and correctly identify conformance and nonconformance with requirements
▪ To report findings accurately against requirements of ISO 9001, write and grade nonconformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
▪ How to relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organisation and
present your overall evaluation to top management
You will need …
▪ Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and experience of auditing
▪ Ideally to have attended our ISO 9001 Appreciation and Interpretation course
▪ To understand the basics of how organisations work and the role of top management
▪ To have good knowledge of ISO 9001 and possess knowledge of these quality
management principles and concepts: the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle; the
relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction; commonly used quality management terms and definitions and the seven Quality Management
Principles as given in ISO 9000; the process approach used in quality management; the
Model of a Process Based Quality Management System; the structure and content of
▪ Complete approximately 2 hours of pre course work prior to attending the course.
- 44 CPD hours
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- CQI & IRCA Certificate
Your future development...
- OH&S and EMS Auditor/Lead Auditor conversion courses
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- See our Business Improvement courses.
▪ Five days
This course is certified by CQI and IRCA and meets the requirements of the CQI and IRCA ISO
9001:2015 QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor course criteria PR328
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.