This course is delivered by our information security experts and aims to give you an overview of the benefits and purpose of an information security management system (ISMS). The requirements are reviewed in detail, along with the processes involved in establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing and improving an ISMS.
You will learn how to protect your organisation from a breach in information security and understand the advantages of implementing ISO 27001:2022 requirements and gaining certification.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed towards:
- People who want to know more about Information Security Management Systems
- Managers of organisations considering conformance to ISO/IEC 27001:2022.
What will you learn?
- Benefits, purpose and processes involved in managing an ISMS
- Purpose, intent and understanding of the requirements for ISO 27001 certification
- Basic principles of the standard and an overview of the (PDCA) cycle
- The basic approach to risk assessment
- To develop an information security infrastructure
- To identify assets, risk owners, threats, vulnerabilities and business impacts
- To identify any gaps in your existing controls and address the controls within Annex A of the standard
- The subjects of confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and the importance of these when assessing risks and implementing controls
- The design, deployment and review of the risk assessment methodology.
What do you need to prepare?
- Participants should have some knowledge of management systems and information security
- Familiarity with the types of data held by your organisation and the methods used to store and process this data.
- Instructor-led training featuring accelerated learning methods
- Workbooks, handouts
- A certificate of training attendance.
- One day for the classroom and virtual course. For eLearning, the average guided learning time is intended to be between 1.5-2 hours. Study time can vary depending on a range of factors including; delegates' current understanding of the subject, study environment and learning style.
Your future development
Work with our training experts to develop a training course or programme specific to your exact requirements.