Manufacturers of pressure equipment selling into the European Economic Area must make sure they comply with the requirements of the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED 2014/68/EU).
The PED sets out essential requirements for pressure equipment and assemblies. The requirements vary according to how much pressure, liquid, or gas the equipment is designed to contain. The PED does not tell manufacturers how to meet these requirements, allowing them the flexibility to meet the requirements with various manufacturing standards.
This one-day training course provides you with tools to apply the complex subject matter of European legislation and the application of regulations and standards in a structured way to meet your specific requirements.
Who should attend
This course is designed for those with an interest in manufacturing, procuring, exporting, commissioning or distributing pressure equipment in the EU and associated countries such as Switzerland, Norway and Iceland and the UK. This course is applicable to:
- People who are relatively new to the PED and need a general introduction to the requirements
- Experienced professionals who need to refresh their general PED knowledge.
- General introduction to EC Directives
- General introduction to PED
- Conformity assessment
- The role of the Notified Body/Conformity Assessment Body
- Technical documentation
- CE Marking
- PED guidelines
- UKCA Marking
- You will have a general and solid understanding on how to apply the PED Guidelines in your organisation.
- The class will use worked examples and group exercises. Each delegate attending the course will be provided with a hard copy of the presentation, exercises undertaken, examples of guidelines, a copy of the Pressure Equipment Directive and a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
You will learn
- Understand the purpose and structure of EC Directives
- Identify the different stakeholders
- Identify the Scope and key definitions in the Pressure Equipment Directive
- Understand the concept of Essential Safety Requirements (ESRs)
- Conduct a simple Product Classification
- Understand the fundamentals of Conformity Assessment
- Explain the role of the Notified Body in Conformity Assessment
- Describe the purpose, contents and format of the required technical documentation
- State the requirements for CE marking
- Understand what you need to do to comply
- Understand how your existing manufacturing or procurement strategies can be adapted
- Understand UKCA marking
Training from LRQA
With LRQA, you can access a wide range of courses to help you further your career and bring improvements to the management systems in your organisation. With many learning styles to choose from, our training courses can help you develop and reach your next level. Find out more about Training Courses from LRQA.
Your future development
This course can be followed up by our in depth 2 day PED Practitioner course.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.