BOPAS is a risk-based assessment that demonstrates to lenders, buyers, and other stakeholders that homes built using modern methods of construction (MMC) or non-traditional materials will be mortgageable for at least 60 years.
Together with our partner, BLP Technical Services, we assess MMC providers through:
- Evaluation of the construction system, and
- Resilience testing of systems, processes, and competencies from concept through to the handover.
Backed by the industry
The scheme was developed by Buildoffsite, The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), LRQA and BLP, in consultation with the Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML) and the Building Societies Association (BSA).
The scheme aims to standardise best practice across the MMC sector. It focuses on ensuring that accredited organisations have robust systems and procedures underpinned by a risk-based approach that enables them to competently, and safely deliver products or services that meet their clients’ requirements.
Benefits of using BOPAS
- Provides assurance that delivery is through defined processes that meet best practice
- Processes and work controls across the supply chain are synchronised with each member working together with common aims, methods, and objectives
- Risks to the project are evaluated and mitigated
What is BOPAS+?
BOPAS+ has been developed to put the focus on the preparedness of MMC providers to positively address the digitisation challenge presented by the net zero initiative, the golden thread, and regulation changes.
It has been through a rigorous validation process involving three BOPAS accredited organisations, which have developed a clear line of site between their strategic objectives, operating plans and schedules, and their digital goals.
The digitisation maturity model is presented as a radar map that shows the scores achieved and will appear on the BOPAS website against that respective MMC provider.
- Organisational structure
- Competency management
- Training and development plan
- Configuration management
- Supply chain
- Contract and document control
- Project record methodology
- Design and process control
- Offsite manufacturing process and competence
- Construction/onsite assembly process and competence
- Process control, performance, monitoring and improvement
- Project completion and handover
Why work with us?
Our team is made up of industry specialists who we match to your business, allowing a comprehensive audit of your system. We understand the potential in cutting-edge ideas and how to apply them to help you make an impact both today and in the long-term.
Here to support you
Contact us today to find out more about how BOPAS can help your business. Our team can explain how the process works and how it may benefit your organisation.
- Guidance on the assessment process
- How to prepare
- Answers to your questions or queries