ISO/TS 22002-1 specification has replaced the originally issued PAS 220 to assist in controlling food safety hazards and addresses the requirements specified in ISO 22000:2005, Clause 7.
ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 is neither designed nor intended for use in other parts of the food supply chain and it is intended to be used in conjunction with ISO 22000, and therefore all organisations seeking certification to FSSC 22000, will have their FSSC 22000 assessments conducted against ISO/TS 22002-1 in addition to ISO 22000. Leading up to this certification, however LRQA is able to provide a gap analysis assessment against the requirements of ISO/TS 22002-1.
ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 is applicable to all organisations, regardless of size or complexity, which are involved in the manufacturing step of the food chain and wish to implement PRP.
The development was sponsored by the Confederation of the Food and Drink Industries of the European Union (CIAA), now known as FoodDrinkEurope, the largest trade body representing the interests of the food and drink industry.
LRQA technical specialists were members of the development steering group which also included major food manufacturers, Danone, Kraft, Nestle and Unilever and representatives from the Food and Drink Federation (FDF), McDonald’s, General Mills Europe (representing the FDF Food Hygiene Committee), and French National Association of Food Industries (representing CIAA).
What are the benefits?
- Commercial – the specification has been developed and supported by key food manufactures
- Integration – It have been designed to work with ISO 22000
- Stakeholder satisfaction – meets the requirements of the prerequisite programs of food manufacturing stakeholders
- Reduced costs – seamless integration with other standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 so minimising duplication and reducing costs
- Competitive edge – a management system based on ISO 22000 and ISO/TS 22002-1 provides a platform to becoming certificated to the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) recognised FSSC 22000 scheme.
Why choose LRQA?
LRQA has been at the forefront of standards development and involved in food safety systems for years.
Proven Track Record
We have high-profile clients in food and drink manufacturing and processing.
Our assessors are management systems experts in food safety.