You need this course if...
- You are a manager or supervisor who needs an introduction to safety and health in the workplace
- You are required to manage efficiently and effectively, in accordance with your organisation’s safety policy and best practice in safety and health legislation
- You need to apply sound management principles to safety and health issues as part of a total management strategy.
You will learn...
- To explain the competent parts of a recognised safety management systems such as HSG 65 or BS 8800 and appreciate the role of risk assessment within the system
- To compare safety management systems with other management systems and describe how to integrate systems successfully if appropriate
- To identify the data and techniques required to produce an adequate record of an incident and demonstrate the procedure for an accident investigation, recognising the human factors involved
- Describe statutory requirements for reporting and procedures for checking non-reporting
- Define hazards and risks and describe the legal requirements for risk assessment;
Prepare and use active monitoring checklists and implement schedules for active monitoring, recording results and analysing records
- Outline the main provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Management of Health & Safety Work Regulations 1992.
Training with LRQA
With LRQA, you can access a wide range of courses to help you further your career and bring improvements to the management systems in your organisation. With many learning styles to choose from, our training courses can help you develop and reach your next level. Find more courses here.
IOSH Managing Safely is a 4 day course ( 2 x 2 days split of 2 weeks or in block).
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.