Pressure equipment intended for use in the European Union that exceeds certain pressure and volume (or nominal diameter) thresholds must be manufactured in accordance with the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) to obtain the CE marking and comply with EU single market requirements. Each piece of pressure equipment above these thresholds must be assigned a hazard category based on its type, the fluid(s) it will contain, and its pressure and capacity. This categorisation determines the relevant conformity assessment modules.
The LRQA PED Category Selector tool is easy to use, with a step-by-step interface which helps you navigate the complexities around identifying the right routes to conformity.
- Simple inputs such as design pressure, volume, nominal size.
- Displays PED category and modules based on type of equipment, fluid and phase.
- Description of the manufacturer’s and Notified Body’s separate responsibilities in each module.
- Displays where your pressure equipment sits on the appropriate PED Table.
- Enables you to contact LRQA and locate your nearest PED expert.
- Links to the PED text and official WGP guidelines.
A desktop version of the PED tool is available for Windows machines.
Latest version: 6.1.5 (March 2023)
Just fill out the form below to gain access. By registering, you will also receive updates by email when we update the desktop tool, as well as updates on codes and standards news and developments from LRQA.
The LRQA PED Category Selection mobile app provides an easy-to-understand, step-by-step process to determine which modules apply to your equipment.
Once downloaded, you can choose from the following languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian and Spanish. Click at one of the links below to download the iOS or Android version directly: