You need this course if...
- You are a senior executive and need an understanding of the safety and health issues you face
- You wish to review management policies and strategies, and, where necessary, introduce changes to operate more safely.
You will learn...
- That health and safety is a main line management function, emanating from the top and descending through management layers
- The financial implications of accidents and ill health caused by working conditions
- To identify current legislation and other regulations relevant to the particular workplace including; the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Management of Workplace Health and Safety Regulations
- The penalties for offences related to health and safety legislation, including the concept of corporate manslaughter
- The significance of documentation and procedures to satisfy legislation
- The law’s shift in emphasis to a non-prescriptive approach based on the assessment of risk in terms of best current practice basic principles of risk assessment and how to identify the root causes of accidents
- The need to appoint competent people to advise on the health and safety function.
Training from LRQA
With LRQA, you can access a wide range of courses to help you further your career and bring improvements to the management systems in your organisation. With many learning styles to choose from, our training courses can help you develop and reach your next level. Find out more about Training Courses from LRQA.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.