You need this course if...
- you want to carry out internal audit of Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) against ISO 22000 requirements
- you are an Internal Auditor or FSMS Manager and want to add to your credibility with a widely accepted qualification
- you want to satisfy the formal training requirements for certification
You will learn...
- the underpinning principles and benefits of a FSMS in an organisation’s success
- the background, purpose and intent of the ISO 22000
- the principles, processes and techniques used during audits and management of food safety hazards
- the importance of aligning food safety specific controls with other general management system controls
- how continual improvement is applied within a food safety management system
- the contribution audits make to the effectiveness of a management system
- the roles and responsibilities of a FSMS internal auditor
- about processes, and how to use them to audit the effective implementation of the food safety management system
- to prepare thoroughly for audit and the value of process based checklists
- to gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- how to relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of your organisation being audited, including applicable regulations and legislation
- to report your findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 22000
- the certification requirements to become a registered internal auditor with IRCA
Training from LRQA
With LRQA, you can access a wide range of courses to help you further your career and bring improvements to the management systems in your organisation. With many learning styles to choose from, our training courses can help you develop and reach your next level. Find out more about Training Courses from LRQA.
Your future development...
- FSMS Auditor / Lead Auditor courses
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- See our Business Improvement courses
This course can be delivered as
- Public Event for individuals willing to excel in internal auditing or for individuals sponsored by companies.
- In-company event
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.