You need this course if...
- you want to carry out internal audit of Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) against ISO 22000 requirements
- you are an Internal Auditor or FSMS Manager and want to add to your credibility with a widely accepted qualification
- you want to satisfy the formal training requirements for certification
You will learn...
- the underpinning principles and benefits of a FSMS in an organisation’s success
- the background, purpose and intent of the ISO 22000
- the principles, processes and techniques used during audits and management of food safety hazards
- the importance of aligning food safety specific controls with other general management system controls
- how continual improvement is applied within a food safety management system
- the contribution audits make to the effectiveness of a management system
- the roles and responsibilities of a FSMS internal auditor
- about processes, and how to use them to audit the effective implementation of the food safety management system
- to prepare thoroughly for audit and the value of process based checklists
- to gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- how to relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of your organisation being audited, including applicable regulations and legislation
- to report your findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 22000
- the certification requirements to become a registered internal auditor with IRCA
Your future development
- FSMS Auditor / Lead Auditor courses
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- See our Business Improvement courses
This course can be delivered as
- Public Event for individuals willing to excel in internal auditing or for individuals sponsored by companies.
- In-company event
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.
Work with our training experts to develop a training course or programme specific to your exact requirements.
Contact us about training courses