This two-day course has been developed to help members of an organisation’s internal (1st party) auditor corps, this industry-standard training course covers how to plan, conduct and report on a process audit of conformance to a management system standard.
This course will explain the role and responsibilities that an auditor must consistently demonstrate, including the need to display fairness, integrity, confidentiality and a focus on evidence-based decision making.
You need this course if...
• You need to perform internal audits of your Information Security Management
• You are an experienced Auditor extending your role into information security
• You are an Information Security Practitioner looking for audit training
You will learn …
• An overview of the structure and content of ISO/IEC 27001
• The contribution internal ISMS audits can make to the effectiveness of your
• How to establish an effective internal audit system which conforms with ISO/IEC
• The roles and responsibilities of an internal ISMS auditor
• How to plan your audits by developing effective checklists
• How to verify that current practice in your organisation conforms with defined
• That auditing for conformity can improve the stability and robustness of
• To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and sampling of
• To report findings accurately
• What corrective action is and who is responsible for taking action
• How to follow up and verify the effectiveness of corrective action taken
You will need …
• To be familiar with the types of data held by your organisation and the methods used
to store and process this data
• A basic understanding of management system frameworks
• Ideally to have taken our Introduction to ISO 27001:2013 Requirements course
Your future development
• Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
• ISO 27001 Auditor/Lead Auditor
• See our Business Improvement courses
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.