You need this course if...
▪ You want to be an Internal EMS Auditor
▪ You want an understanding of some of the requirements of ISO 14001
You will learn...
▪ The business benefits of implementing an EMS and the background to ISO 14001
▪ The purpose, intent and key requirements of ISO 14001
▪ The contribution internal EMS audits can make to the effectiveness of your management
▪ The roles and responsibilities of an Internal EMS Auditor
▪ How to plan your audits by developing effective checklists
▪ How to verify that current practice in your organisation conforms with defined requirements
▪ That auditing for conformity can improve the stability and robustness of management
▪ To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and sampling of
▪ To report findings accurately
▪ What corrective action is and who is responsible for taking action
▪ How to follow up and verify the effectiveness of corrective action taken
You will need...
▪ No previous auditing experience.
▪ It is recommended that prior to this course attendees complete the ISO 14001 Appreciation
and Interpretation course
Your future development...
▪ New Environmental Systems Manager
▪ EMS Auditor/Lead Auditor
▪ Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
▪ See our Business Improvement courses
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.