With a growing focus on sustainability, many organizations took a more holistic approach to the environmental impact of their products and services. The international environmental management system (EMS) standard, ISO 14001, required organizations to consider a life cycle perspective when determining their environmental aspects from raw materials and production through to transportation, use, and disposal.
During the webinar, we discussed how the life cycle approach helped organizations improve their environmental performance and prevented environmental impacts from being shifted inadvertently along the value chain. Our experts, Katerina Liana, Core Technical Product Manager at LRQA, and Sarah Eyre, Management Systems Trainer and Lead Auditor at LRQA, shared their insights gathered from working with organizations across a range of sectors on how the life cycle perspective had impacted organizations' approaches to environmental management.
Key points discussed:
- What is the life cycle perspective in ISO 14001?
- What will your auditor be looking for?
- What are the implications and benefits for your organisation?
- Katerina Liana, Core Technical Product Manager, LRQA
- Sarah Eyre, Management Systems Trainer and Lead Auditor, LRQA