This one-day course is designed for those who wish to know more about ISO 14001 and how it is a useful model for managing and improving environmental impacts resulting from the business operation.
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with an overview of the purpose and requirements of the standard as a tool for the management of environmental aspects and impacts.
You need this course if
- You want to embed sustainability and environmental management into your business.
- You wish to engage and increase the involvement of top management in environmental management.
- You want to improve the environmental performance of your business, with consequential commercial benefits.
- Integrate environmental management into existing business processes.
- Want to know more about ISO 14001:2015 and how it is a useful model for improving environmental performance.
- You want to understand the ISO 14001 purpose and requirements as a tool for the management of environmental risks and opportunities.
- You are involved in the development, implementation and management of an ISO 14001 Environmental Management
- You are planning to complete other ISO 14000 series based training courses such as EMS Auditor/Lead Auditor, the EMS Auditor Conversion or the Internal EMS Auditor training courses.
- You wish to progress to internal environmental auditing.
What will you learn?
- The purpose and value of an effective EMS and its contribution to your business.
- The purpose and intent of ISO 14001 and its relationship to other standards including the ISO 14000 series.
- Essential definitions and terminology to help you interpret and apply ISO 14001 requirements.
- The key requirements of ISO 14001 and how they relate to one another.
- How to determine environmental risks and opportunities.
What do you need to prepare?
No previous knowledge of auditing, environmental management systems or ISO 14001 training is required.
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- Certificate of attendance.
Your future development
- New Environmental Systems Manager.
- Internal EMS Auditor.
- Implementing an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
- EMS Auditor/Lead Auditor.
Work with our training experts to develop a training course or programme specific to your exact requirements.