This comprehensive course provides a valuable introduction to Building Information Modelling management process, from understanding why BIM is being adopted globally within the construction sector, to the key industry standards, terms used and the standard method and procedures that should be considered for a successful project.
No prior knowledge of BIM is required for this course.
This course is designed for
- BIM Managers,
- BIM Coordinators,
- BIM Modelers,
- Quality Assurance,
- Quantity Surveyors,
- Design Engineers/Managers, Engineers,
- Facilities Managers and Clients
- anyone who is part of the BIM Cycle, including Steering Committees.
You will learn...
You will learn…
- The history of BIM and why it is being globally adopted
- The acronyms and terms used
- Which standards should be applied
- The information delivery cycle
- The differences between OIR, AIR, EIR and BEP’s
- How Levels of detail and information are defined
- Project roles and responsibilities
- ISO19650-2 requirements
- Concepts such as COBie and the CDE
After the course you will be able to
- Develop business strategies.
- Respond to tenders and bids more competently.
- Apply learning to projects.
- Develop internal management processes and procedures.
- Drive consistency and de-risk project delivery.
We also offer a 1 day BIM Introduction for Business Leaders course.
Training from LRQA
With LRQA, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from LRQA.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.