The QMS Lead Auditor course has been designed to help you prepare on-site audits, develop checklists, audit processes, gather and evaluate evidence, write reports and relate your findings to policy and objectives.
There are three delivery options for you to choose from; a 38-hour virtual classroom course delivered in 5 sessions; a 40-hour virtual classroom course delivered in 7 sessions and the traditional face to face 5-day classroom course.
The virtual classroom courses are delivered in real time by experienced tutors via our online platform and provide delegates with the flexibility of attending from a convenient place, without the requirement of travelling.
Successful completion increases your credibility, satisfies the formal training requirements stipulated by the CQI & IRCA and enable you to conduct external audits against ISO 9001.
Who should attend?
- Organisations who need to audit QMS against ISO 9001 requirements
- Auditors or Quality Systems Managers wanting to add credibility with a widely accepted qualification issued by an UKAS approved certification body
- Anyone wanting to satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA certification.
What will you learn?
- Purpose of a QMS and ISO 9001 principles
- Essential definitions and terminology
- Analyse ISO 9001 clauses and identify conformance with requirements
- Role and responsibilities of an auditor/lead auditor
- Plan and conduct an interview with top management
- Evaluate an organisation’s quality policy and objectives
- Prepare an on-site audit plan with audit trails across processes and team members
- Audit processes for conformance and effectiveness
- Prepare thoroughly for audit and produce process-based checklists
- Gather and evaluate objective evidence
- Identify conformance and non-conformance with requirements
- Report findings accurately against requirements of ISO 9001
- Write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
- Relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organisation
- Present your overall evaluation to top management.
What do you need to prepare?
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and experience of auditing
- Basic understanding of how organisation works and the role of top management
- Complete approximately 2 hours of pre-course work prior to attending the course.
- For the virtual courses, 38 hours delivered in 5 sessions or 40 hours delivered in 7 sessions
- For our new unique 7 session proposition, we have completely redesigned the technical content, visuals and delivery methodology of the course to better fit the virtual delivery and address the delegate engagement using technology
- 5 days for the traditional face to face classroom course.
- 44 CPD hours
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- CQI & IRCA Certificate
Training from LRQA
With LRQA, you can access a wide range of courses to help you further your career and bring improvements to the management systems in your organisation. With many learning styles to choose from, our training courses can help you develop and reach your next level. Find out more about Training Courses from LRQA.
Your future development
- OH&S and EMS Auditor/Lead Auditor conversion courses
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- See our Business Improvement courses.
CQI & IRCA certified
This LRQA training course satisfies the formal training requirements stipulated by the CQI & IRCA.
CQI and IRCA certified training is mapped to a unique competency framework based on the latest skills needed by employers. As an Approved Training Partner, LRQA has been thoroughly assessed to ensure the highest standards.
For more information, please visit the CQI & IRCA website.