This course is designed to provide participants with knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of business continuity management systems against ISO 22301, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021 as applicable.
Who should attend?
The course is a conversion course for delegates who have previously attended another lead auditor course and now wish to upskill on ISO 22301.
What will you learn?
- The purpose of a business continuity management system (BCMS)
- The purpose of BCMS standards, management system audit, third-party certification and the business benefits of improved performance of the BCMS
- How to plan, conduct, report and follow up a BCMS management system audit, in accordance with 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
What do you need to prepare?
Pre-coursework should be completed before attending this course.
Learners are required to have already successfully completed another lead auditor course before attending this ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Conversion course. As a result, delegates will already be familiar with common practice as a lead auditor. This course focuses directly on ISO 22301, with generic lead auditor activities covered in the pre course materials revisited briefly at the start of the course.
Topics covered include:
- ISO 22301:2019-background and introduction
- ISO 22301-walk through
- BC Framework
- Business Impact Analysis
- Risk Assessment
- Business Continuity Plans
- Exercising and Testing
- Continual Improvement
- Audit Scope, Planning and Conducting Audits
- Reporting the audit
- Following up the audit
- Pre-coursework pack
- Quizzes and tests of understanding
- A certificate of completion or attendance
Training from LRQA
With LRQA, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Training Courses from LRQA.
This learning solution is a 3-day (up to 8 hours per day) Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) course, with the possibility of exams taking place on a 4th day. Time allocated for the examination is 1 hour 40 minutes.
Classroom delivery (face to face) or VILT (Virtual Instructor Led Training) via Zoom.
CQI & IRCA certified
This LRQA training course satisfies the formal training requirements stipulated by the CQI & IRCA.
CQI and IRCA certified training is mapped to a unique competency framework based on the latest skills needed by employers. As an Approved Training Partner, LRQA has been thoroughly assessed to ensure the highest standards.
For more information, please visit the CQI & IRCA website.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of a business continuity management system (BCMS)
- Explain the purpose of BCMS standards, management system audit, third-party certification and the business benefits of improved performance of the BCMS
- Plan and conduct a management system audit in accordance with 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate).
- Report the audit
- Undertake audit follow-up activities