You need this course if...
- You want an understanding of the key requirements of an Energy Management System.
- You are responsible for energy management within an organisation.
- You want to be an internal EnMS Auditor.
- You wish to extend your auditing skills and knowledge to verify the effective implementation and maintenance of an energy management system
You will learn…
- The purpose and business benefits of implementing an Energy Management System.
- The background to ISO 50001.
- Key requirements of an Energy Management System.
- Essential definitions to help interpret ISO 50001 requirements.
- Similarities of ISO 50001 with ISO 14001 Environmental Management System requirements.
- The purpose, structure and key requirements of ISO 50001
- The responsibilities of an internal EnMS auditor
- To plan, conduct and report internal EnMS audits
- The contribution internal EnMS audits can make to the effectiveness of your management system
- How to plan your audits by developing effective checklists
- How to verify that current practice in your organisation conforms with defined requirements
- That auditing for conformity can improve the stability and robustness of management systems
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and sampling of documentation
- To report findings accurately
- What corrective action is and who is responsible for taking action
- How to follow up and verify the effectiveness of corrective action taken
You will need …
- previous training and experience as an internal auditor for another management standard
- knowledge of key energy management principles
- ideally to have attended our ISO 50001 Energy Management Principles Course or ISO 50001 Essentials for the Energy Management Team course.No previous training.
Your future development
- ISO 50001 Internal Auditor
- ISO 50001 Auditor/Lead Auditor (CQI IRCA-certified)
- ISO 50001 Essentials for the Energy Team
- Energy Management Principles
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.