You need this course if...
- You want to audit Governance Management Systems (GMS) against BS 13500 requirements.
- You are an Auditor or Manager and want to add to your credibility with a widely accepted qualification.
- You want to satisfy the formal training requirements auditor certification.
You will learn...
- The purpose of a GMS and the BS 13500 principles of quality management.
- Essential definitions to help you interpret and audit BS 13500 requirements.
- To analyse BS 13500 clauses and suggest examples of evidence that would show conformance with these requirements.
- The roles and responsibilities of an auditor and lead auditor.
- To plan and conduct an interview with accountable or executive management and evaluate an organisation’s adherence to governance code of practice.
- To prepare an on-site audit plan that establishes effective audit trails across processes and between members of an audit team.
- To prepare thoroughly for audit and produce process based checklists.
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation.
- How to evaluate objective evidence and correctly identify conformance and non-conformance with requirements.
- To report findings accurately against requirements of BS 13500, write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action.
- How to relate your audit findings to the governance policy and performance of the organisation and present your overall evaluation to top management.
You will need…
- Knowledge and understanding of BS 13500 and experience of auditing.
- To understand the basics of how organisations work and the role of top management.
- To have good knowledge of BS 13500 and possess knowledge of system and management principles and concepts.
- Complete approximately 2 hours of pre-course work prior to attending the course.
Training from LRQA
With LRQA, you can access a wide range of courses to help you further your career and bring improvements to the management systems in your organisation. With many learning styles to choose from, our training courses can help you develop and reach your next level. Find out more about Training Courses from LRQA.
Your future development
Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)