Extend your lead auditor skills to include Energy Management System (EnMS) and ISO 50001. This three day course covers the knowledge required to conduct second and third party EnMS audits effectively.
Who should attend?
Auditors wishing to extend their knowledge and skills to encompass auditing of an Energy Management System (EnMS).
What will you learn?
- To relate the auditing process to the management of energy use and consumption
- To identify key pieces of energy legislation and define their relevance in the context of energy auditing
- To interpret the requirements of ISO 50001 in the context of an audit
- To undertake the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- The business benefits of implementing an EnMS and the background to ISO 50001
- The essential definitions and terminology
- The purpose, intent and key requirements of ISO 50001 and similarities with other management systems
- The contribution that audits make to the effectiveness of a management system
- The roles and responsibilities of an EnMS auditor and lead auditor
- How to determine energy aspects
- The importance and relevance of energy aspects and energy legislation
- How to plan your audits by developing effective checklists
- How to verify current practice conforms with defined requirements and ISO 50001
- That auditing for conformity can improve the stability and robustness of management systems
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- To report your findings accurately
- What corrective action is and who is responsible for taking action
What do you need to prepare?
- Good knowledge of ISO 50001 and experience of auditing
- Knowledge of energy management principles and concepts
- Ideally to have attended our Energy Management Principles course or ISO 50001 Essentials for the Energy Team course
- To complete approximately 2 hours of pre-course work prior to attending
- 24 CPD hours
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- Certificate of attendance.
Training from LRQA
With LRQA, you can access a wide range of courses to help you further your career and bring improvements to the management systems in your organisation. With many learning styles to choose from, our training courses can help you develop and reach your next level. Find out more about Training Courses from LRQA.
Your future development
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.
Work with our training experts to develop a training course or programme specific to your exact requirements.