This training course will enable you to audit Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) against FSSC 22000 Version 5.1, ISO 22000:2018 and ISO 22002-1 requirements.
You will learn the role and responsibilities of an FSMS Lead Auditor and the principles and benefits that underpin an FSMS. You will develop the knowledge and skills needed to lead audits and audit teams.
Apart from our traditional face-to-face classroom courses, we also offer virtual classroom courses which are delivered in real time by experienced tutors via our online platform and provide delegates with the flexibility of attending from a convenient place, without the requirement of travelling.
What will you learn?
- Principles, benefits and continual improvement of an FSMS in your organisation
- Processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of food safety hazards
- The importance of aligning food safety specific controls with other general management system controls
- How audits contribute to the effectiveness of a management system
- The role and responsibilities of a FSMS auditor/ lead auditor in accordance with ISO 19011:2018
- How to prepare thoroughly for audit and the value of process-based checklists
- How to gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- To relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organisation, including applicable regulations and legislation
- To report your findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 22000:2018 and/or FSSC 22000 Version 5.1.
What do you need to prepare?
- Knowledge of food safety management principles and concepts, key food safety legislation and PRPs as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1
- An understanding of the relevant good practice guide for your respective segment
- Knowledge of HACCP principles as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000 or acceptable equivalent, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA certified ISO 22000:2018 Foundation (FSMS) Training course or equivalent.
- 5 days for the traditional face to face classroom course
- For the virtual courses 40 hours delivered in 7 sessions
- For 7 session virtual classroom proposition, we have completely redesigned the technical content, visuals and delivery methodology of the course to better fit the virtual delivery and address the delegate engagement using technology
- Delegates attending LRQA's virtual classroom 7 session course, can take their exam online at the end of each module, rather than physically sitting a traditional written examination.
Your future development
Training from LRQA
With LRQA, you can access a wide range of courses to help you further your career and bring improvements to the management systems in your organisation. With many learning styles to choose from, our training courses can help you develop and reach your next level. Find out more about Training Courses from LRQA.
CQI & IRCA certified
This LRQA training course satisfies the formal training requirements stipulated by the CQI & IRCA.
CQI and IRCA certified training is mapped to a unique competency framework based on the latest skills needed by employers. As an Approved Training Partner, LRQA has been thoroughly assessed to ensure the highest standards.
For more information on LRQA Approved Training Partner status, please visit the CQI & IRCA website.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.