You need this course if...
- You want to audit Governance Management Systems (GMS) against BS 13500 requirements.
- You are an Auditor or Manager and want to add to your credibility with a widely accepted qualification.
- You want to satisfy the formal training requirements auditor certification.
You will learn...
- The purpose of a GMS and the BS 13500 principles of quality management.
- Essential definitions to help you interpret and audit BS 13500 requirements.
- To analyse BS 13500 clauses and suggest examples of evidence that would show conformance with these requirements.
- The roles and responsibilities of an auditor and lead auditor.
- To plan and conduct an interview with accountable or executive management and evaluate an organisation’s adherence to governance code of practice.
- To prepare an on-site audit plan that establishes effective audit trails across processes and between members of an audit team.
- To prepare thoroughly for audit and produce process based checklists.
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation.
- How to evaluate objective evidence and correctly identify conformance and non-conformance with requirements.
- To report findings accurately against requirements of BS 13500, write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action.
- How to relate your audit findings to the governance policy and performance of the organisation and present your overall evaluation to top management.
You will need…
- Knowledge and understanding of BS 13500 and experience of auditing.
- To understand the basics of how organisations work and the role of top management.
- To have good knowledge of BS 13500 and possess knowledge of system and management principles and concepts.
- Complete approximately 2 hours of pre-course work prior to attending the course.
Your future development
Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.