Manufacturers of pressure equipment selling into most European countries (the European Economic Area) must make sure they comply with the requirements of the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED 2014/68/EU).
The PED sets out essential requirements for pressure equipment and assemblies. They vary according to how much pressure, liquid, or gas the equipment is designed to contain. The PED does not tell manufacturers how to meet these requirements, allowing them the flexibility to meet the requirements with various manufacturing standards.
The training course provides you with tools to apply the complex subject matter of European legislation, the application of regulations and standards in a structured way to meet your specific requirements.
Who should attend
Those with manufacturing, procuring, exporting, commissioning or distributing pressure equipment experience and an understanding of a pressure equipment design and construction code.
This two-day course provides an in-depth explanation of the Pressure Equipment Directive and how to apply it. You will learn:
- Introduction to to pressure vessel failures and safety - globally
- Description of EC Directives formulation, purpose and structure
- Scope and definitions in the Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU
- Classification requirements
- Conformity Assessment selection and methods 2014/68/EU
- The role of the Notified Body in Conformity Assessment
Description of Essential Safety Requirements (ESR’s) and the interpretation of the ESR's for different design codes
- CE Marking
- Introduction to PED Guidelines
- Effect of BREXIT
You will have an in depth understanding on how to apply the PED Guidelines in your organization.
What you will learn
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and structure of EC Directives
- Identify the different stakeholders
- Identify the Scope and key Definitions in the Pressure Equipment Directive
- Understand the concept of Essential Safety Requirements (ESR’s)
- Understand product and assembly Classification requirements
- Understand the fundamentals of Conformity Assessment
- Explain the role of the Notified Body in Conformity Assessment
- Describe the purpose, contents and format of the required Technical documentation
- State the requirements for CE marking
- Understand what you need to do to comply
- understand how your existing manufacturing or procurement strategies can be adapted
The class will use worked examples and group exercises. Each delegate attending the course will be provided with a hard copy of the presentation, exercises undertaken, examples of guidelines, a copy of the Pressure Equipment Directive and a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
The course is conducted as a public course in various locations and in-company. Please contact us if you require further information.
Training from LRQA
With LRQA, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Training Courses from LRQA.