As more industry sectors discover the benefits of additive manufacturing, its adoption grows. Just like other aspects of Industry 4.0, AM presents challenges for business operations designed for traditional manufacturing. Add in the human factor - workers trained in subtractive manufacturing methods rather than additive - and suddenly AM can become a barrier to production, rather than a benefit.
One common challenge is that organisations familiar with producing their parts using subtractive production methods understand the regulatory requirements of the final part, but are not familiar with the unique challenges of AM processes. Conversely, AM service providers are familiar with AM-specific challenges, but are not always aware of the regulatory aspects across different industries that ensure the parts produced can then be placed on the market and put into service.
This course is designed for...
This 2-day workshop is suitable for
- those with some existing knowledge who are responsible for sourcing AM parts and need an understanding of the capability, variability, risks and opportunities of using AM.
- for existing AM service providers who need further understanding of facility qualification and material & part certification requirements.
You will learn...
The requirements for qualification cover the following areas:
- Market overview
- Different AM processes
- Benefits, risks & drivers
- Quality assurance and quality control
After the course you will be able to
- recognise the importance of qualification and certification
- explain differences between qualification requirements for different industries
- describe the current AM standards landscape and status
- identify the risks associated with AM processes (e.g. cross contamination of feedstocks)
- implement procedures that mitigate AM specific risks
- prepare for a successful facility audit (e.g. personal training requirements)
Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course and course documentation.
We also offer a 3 day course on Additive Manufacturing Material and Part certification.
Training from LRQA
With LRQA, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Training Courses from LRQA.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.