You need this course if...
- You want to audit Quality Management Systems against ISO 9001 requirements
- You are an Auditor or Quality System Manager and want to add to your credibility with a widely accepted qualification issued by an UKAS approved certification body.
You will learn...
The purpose of a QMS and the ISO 9001 principles of quality management
Essential definitions to help you interpret and audit ISO 9001 requirements
To analyze ISO 9001 clauses and suggest examples of evidence that would show conformance with these requirements
The roles and responsibilities of an auditor and lead auditor
To plan and conduct an interview with top management and evaluate an organization’s quality policy and objectives
To prepare an on-site audit plan that establishes effective audit trails across processes and between members of an audit team
How to audit processes for conformance and effectiveness, including any specific quality objectives
To prepare thoroughly for audit and produce process based checklists
To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
How to evaluate objective evidence and correctly identify conformance and non-conformance with requirements
To report findings accurately against requirements of ISO 9001, write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
How to relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organization and present your overall evaluation to top management.
You will need...
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and experience in auditing
- Ideally, to have attended our Introduction to ISO 9001 course
- To understand the basics of how organizations work and the role of top management
- To have good knowledge of ISO 9001 and possess knowledge of these quality management principles and concepts: the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
- Commonly used quality management terms and definitions and the seven Quality Management Principles as given in ISO 9000
- The process approach used in quality management
- The Model of a Process Based Quality Management System
- The structure and content of ISO 9001
- To complete approximately 2 hours of pre-course work prior to attending the course.
Training from LRQA
With LRQA, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from LRQA.
Your future development
- OH&S and EMS Auditor conversion courses
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- See our Business Improvement courses
- 5 days for the traditional face to face classroom course including the exam on the final day.
- The blended course consists of two days eLearning and three days of classroom or virtual classroom. eLearning modules must be completed (including exams) in order for delegates to be able to attend the three day classroom/virtual classroom modules.
- All blended and virtual lead auditor training courses (in-house or public) will be run over six days. Five days to cover the course content and a two-hour exam held on the sixth day. During the course, your trainer will liaise with you to agree the timing of the exam.
- For eLearning, the average guided learning time is intended to be between 6-7 hours. Study time can vary depending on a range of factors including; delegates' current understanding of the subject, study environment and learning style.
Certification with Exemplar Global
For an additional $99 USD you can also obtain an Exemplar Global Course Certification for your course.
What are the advantages of adding the Exemplar Global Certification?
With the additional Exemplar Global Course Certification, you will get access to:
- The Exemplar Global Work Style Behavioural Assessment
- One-Year Graduate Certification
- Use of Exemplar Global’s brands and logo to promote your certification
- Access to Exemplar Global Webinars and Online events
- Access to Exemplar Global online resources, including Auditor OnLine and regular Job Board notifications
- Access to the social community of graduates
- An innovative, continual learning environment for learners and graduates
- Ongoing support for an entrepreneurial career track for graduates and learners
How to add Exemplar Global Certification to your training course?
If you're booking online, you can add the option of Exemplar Global before you proceed to checkout or contact our team directly.
CQI & IRCA certified
This LRQA training course satisfies the formal training requirements stipulated by the CQI & IRCA.
CQI and IRCA certified training is mapped to a unique competency framework based on the latest skills needed by employers. As an Approved Training Partner, LRQA has been thoroughly assessed to ensure the highest standards.
For more information, please visit the CQI & IRCA website.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.