You need this course if...
- You want to audit Environmental Management Systems against ISO 14001 requirements
- You are an Auditor or Environmental System Manager and want to add to your credibility with a widely accepted qualification
- You want to satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA certification.
You will learn...
- The purpose of an environmental management system and the business and societal benefits of improving environmental performance
- The Plan-Do-Check-Act framework with regards to ISO 14001
- The interrelationship between management responsibility, the context of the organization, environmental policy, environmental planning, implementation of policy, operational control, checking of performance, management review and continual improvement
- Essential terminology to help you interpret and audit ISO 14001 requirements defined in ISO 14001
- The difference between compliance obligations and conformance with ISO 14001
- To plan and conduct an interview with top management
- How to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an environmental management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 14001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
- To prepare an on-site audit plan that establishes effective audit trails across processes and between members of an audit team
- To prepare thoroughly for an audit and produce checklists (including process based checklists)
- The contribution that audits make to the effectiveness of a management system
- That auditing for conformity can improve the stability and robustness of management systems
- The roles and responsibilities of an auditor and lead auditor
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- To report findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 14001, write and grade nonconformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
- The certification requirements to become a registered auditor/lead auditor with IRCA.
You will need...
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 14001 and experience of auditing
- Ideally, to have attended our Introduction to ISO 14001 course
- To understand the basics of how organizations work and the role of top management
- To have good knowledge of ISO 14001 and possess knowledge of environmental management principles and concepts, including:
- The concept of environmental sustainable development whereby an organization must ensure that actions of today do not degrade the environment of the future
- The purpose of an initial review as the basis for establishing an environmental management system where none currently exists
- Evaluation of activities, products and services in order to establish the environmental aspects associated with normal operating conditions, abnormal conditions such as start-up and shutdown and emergency situations and accidents
- Considerations of environmental aspects with respect to: emission to air, release to water and release to land, use of raw materials, natural resources and energy, energy emitted and lost e.g. heat, radiation, vibration, steam, and compressed air, public nuisance such as light pollution, noise, and odor
- Environmental legislation and how legal compliance forms part of an environmental management system, typical methods for evaluation of the significant impacts of the environmental aspects identified and how their ranking influences operational control and priorities for improvement
- To complete approximately 2 hours of pre-course work prior to attending the course.
Training from LRQA
With LRQA, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from LRQA.
Your future development
- OH&S and QMS Auditor conversion courses
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- See our Business Improvement courses.
- 5 days for the traditional face to face classroom course including the exam on the final day.
- The blended course consists of two days eLearning and three days of classroom or virtual classroom. eLearning modules must be completed (including exams) in order for delegates to be able to attend the three day classroom/virtual classroom modules.
- All blended and virtual lead auditor training courses (in-house or public) will be run over six days. Five days to cover the course content and a two-hour exam held on the sixth day. During the course, your trainer will liaise with you to agree the timing of the exam.
- For eLearning, the average guided learning time is intended to be between 6-7 hours. Study time can vary depending on a range of factors including; delegates' current understanding of the subject, study environment and learning style.
Certification with Exemplar Global
For an additional $99 USD you can also obtain an Exemplar Global Course Certification for your course.
What are the advantages of adding the Exemplar Global Certification?
With the additional Exemplar Global Course Certification, you will get access to:
- The Exemplar Global Work Style Behavioural Assessment
- One-Year Graduate Certification
- Use of Exemplar Global’s brands and logo to promote your certification
- Access to Exemplar Global Webinars and Online events
- Access to Exemplar Global online resources, including Auditor OnLine and regular Job Board notifications
- Access to the social community of graduates
- An innovative, continual learning environment for learners and graduates
- Ongoing support for an entrepreneurial career track for graduates and learners
How to add Exemplar Global Certification to your training course?
If you're booking online, you can add the option of Exemplar Global before you proceed to checkout or contact our team directly.
CQI & IRCA certified
This LRQA training course satisfies the formal training requirements stipulated by the CQI & IRCA.
CQI and IRCA certified training is mapped to a unique competency framework based on the latest skills needed by employers. As an Approved Training Partner, LRQA has been thoroughly assessed to ensure the highest standards.
For more information, please visit the CQI & IRCA website.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.