You need this course if...
- you have already successfully completed an Auditor/Lead Auditor training course in another discipline and want to extend your auditing competence to include quality management systems and ISO 9001
- you want to satisfy the formal Auditor Conversion training requirements for IRCA certification
You will learn...
- the purpose of a QMS and the ISO 9000 principles of quality management
- essential definitions to help you interpret and audit ISO 9001 requirements
- to analyse ISO 9001 clauses and suggest examples of evidence that would show conformance with these requirements
- to evaluate organisational context, QMS planning, quality policy and objectives
- how to audit processes for conformance and effectiveness, including any specific quality objectives and actions to address risks and opportunities
- to prepare thoroughly for audit and produce process based checklists
- to apply your existing auditor knowledge and skills to plan, conduct and report quality system audits
- how to evaluate objective evidence and correctly identify conformance and non-conformance with ISO 9001 requirements
- to report findings accurately against requirements of ISO 9001, write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
- how to relate your audit findings to the quality policy and objectives of the organisation and present your overall evaluation to top management
You will need...
- to have successfully completed an IRCA certified five-day Auditor/Lead Auditor course, or accepted equivalent if you wish to register as a QMS Auditor or Lead Auditor with IRCA. If you do not meet the above criteria, you need to attend our five day QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor course
- knowledge of quality management principles and concepts
- knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001
- to understand the basics of how organisations work and the role of top management
- to have good knowledge of ISO 9001 and possess knowledge of these quality management principles and concepts: the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle; the relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction; commonly used quality management terms and definitions and the 8 Quality Principles as given in ISO 9000; the process approach used in quality management; the Model of a Process Based Quality Management System; the structure and content of ISO 9001.
- Complete approximately 2 hours of pre-course work prior to attending the course.
Your future development...
- See our Business Improvement courses
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.