This CQI & IRCA registered five-day course will continue your professional development on how to audit an Energy Management System (EnMS) against ISO 50001 requirements. Learn how to plan, evaluate and report the results of an EnMS audit.
Successful completion of this course, together with fulfilling other criteria can lead to IRCA registration.
Who should attend?
Auditors or Energy System Managers who need to audit an EnMS against ISO 50001 requirements and want a formal, widely recognized IRCA qualification.
What will you learn?
- The business benefits of implementing an EnMS and the background to ISO 50001
- Essential definitions to help you interpret and audit ISO 50001 requirements
- The purpose, intent and key requirements of ISO 50001 and similarities with other management systems
- To report the findings accurately
- Write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
- Describe and identify the relationship and differences between a range of audit types
- Relate the auditing process to the management of energy use and consumption
- Identify key pieces of energy legislation and define their relevance in the context of auditing
- The roles, responsibilities of auditors, lead auditors, audit teams and other relevant bodies;
• To plan, initiate, implement, manage, monitor and review audit programs
- To identify and describe the requirements of the standards against which an EnMS audit is performed
- To collect evidence, exercise objectivity and make a judgment
- To evaluate and report the results of an Energy Management System audit
- The contribution that audits make to the effectiveness of a management system
- To determine significant energy uses
- That auditing for conformity can improve the stability and robustness of management systems
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- The certification requirements to become a registered auditor/lead auditor with IRCA.
What do you need to prepare?
- 38.75 CPD hours
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- Certificate of attendance.
Training from LRQA
With LRQA, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from LRQA.
Your future development
- EMS, OH&S and QMS Auditor conversion courses
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- See our Business Improvement courses.
Certification with Exemplar Global
For an additional $99 USD you can also obtain an Exemplar Global Course Certification for your course.
What are the advantages of adding the Exemplar Global Certification?
With the additional Exemplar Global Course Certification, you will get access to:
- The Exemplar Global Work Style Behavioural Assessment
- One-Year Graduate Certification
- Use of Exemplar Global’s brands and logo to promote your certification
- Access to Exemplar Global Webinars and Online events
- Access to Exemplar Global online resources, including Auditor OnLine and regular Job Board notifications
- Access to the social community of graduates
- An innovative, continual learning environment for learners and graduates
- Ongoing support for an entrepreneurial career track for graduates and learners
How to add Exemplar Global Certification to your training course?
If you're booking online, you can add the option of Exemplar Global before you proceed to checkout or contact our team directly.
CQI & IRCA certified
This LRQA training course satisfies the formal training requirements stipulated by the CQI & IRCA.
CQI and IRCA certified training is mapped to a unique competency framework based on the latest skills needed by employers. As an Approved Training Partner, LRQA has been thoroughly assessed to ensure the highest standards.
For more information, please visit the CQI & IRCA website.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.