We help characterise your site. By applying our survey, geoscience and geotechnical expertise to desk studies and site investigation management, we enable you to understand, mitigate and manage the features and risks.
Overcome uncertainty with careful planning during your early project stages. Our multidisciplinary team characterise sites for development, assessing unknown conditions, hazards and risks. We also support with cost and scheduling challenges.
What we offer
Through the planning, project management, site investigation and design stages, our geoscience, survey and geotechnical expertise will give you a detailed understanding of offshore sites.
Services we can offer include:
- Offshore site assessments, including underwater noise and data gap analysis.
- Cable route and burial engineering, trenching risk assessments, burial protection studies and installation assurance.
- Survey and site investigation design, specifications and project management.
- Offshore wind farm ground-model development and foundation geotechnical engineering services.
- Geospatial and digital data services and data management services.
- Our IRIS online platform provides positioning reliability of vessels and weather forecasts together with optimal context and visibility of the status or progress of an offshore project.
- Preliminary layout design and gathering of meteorological data;
- Review of layout designs and meteorological data;
- Assessment of suitable photovoltaic panels, inverters and manufacturers;
- Estimate potential solar yield, using local or modelled data.
What are the benefits?
- Minimised and optimised spend on the early phases
- Experience and knowledge to effectively manage survey and site investigation contractors
- Access to specialist expertise, when you need it
- Confidence that the project meets regulatory requirements
- Greater chance of achieving consent
- Deep understanding of site seabed and soils risk, and the industry sector and its technology that can be used to acquire the right data
- Your informed buyer for these specialist contractor services
- Confidence that risks have been identified and managed
Why choose LRQA?
- Strategic vision
Our technical know-how, sector expertise and innovative, forward-thinking approach will help you meet the challenges of today – and become a safer, more secure, and sustainable organisation tomorrow.
- Technical expertise
Our people are sector experts. They bring with them a clear understanding of your specific challenges, standards and requirements – then deploy deep knowledge of certification, brand assurance, food safety, cybersecurity, inspection and training to help you meet them.
- Global capability
Operating in more than 120 countries, recognised by over 30 accreditation bodies worldwide, and covering almost every sector, we can help you manage risk, drive improvement and build credibility with stakeholders around the globe.
- Effective partnership
Every business is unique. That’s why our experts work with you, to fully understand your needs and goals, and work out how we can best support them.
- Fresh perspective
We have led the way in shaping our industry and continue to take every opportunity to collaborate with clients and pioneer new ideas, services and innovation.