Wind turbine designs are continuing to evolve and develop. The wind turbines installed in the next decades may generate twice the electricity of those currently in operation. New rotor, drivetrain and energy storage concepts will be advanced.
To incorporate future technology, the risks and uncertainties must be quantified through the use of the very best information available, including operational data and failure statistics alongside qualitative assessments of new functional elements or components.
The result is the most accurate possible risk-based planning resource, which improves as more information becomes available. This facilitates sound decision making on finance, investments, changes of ownership and detailed planning for construction and operation of the wind farm.
What we offer
By measuring, modelling and analysing the performance of your components, functions, systems and operations we are able to implement data driven tools and strategies that will improve the performance of your asset.
- Asset Performance Improvement & Optimisation
- AllAssets Maintenance Optimisation
- FMECA / FMEA
- In Service condition Inspections (including End of Warranty)
- Condition based monitoring
- Engineering technical investigation – CFD, FEA (finite element analysis)
- Asset Integrity Services
- Risk and reliability-based Asset Management Services
- Marine operational planning tools (including IRIS)
- Acoustic monitoring and mitigation
- Vibration monitoring
- CFD Analysis
- Root cause analysis
- Accident investigation (human or equipment)
- Trouble shooting
What are the benefits?
We offer a data-driven consultancy service covering the whole asset, including the offshore logistics area. This delivers a number of benefits for your asset:
- Increased overall project profitability
- Enable you to make the most of your data
- Improved asset availability and extend asset life
- Improved component performance
- Reduced maintenance activity – and confidence in knowing when to perform it
- Insight to supply chain quality
- Improved management and use of data
- Speedy resolution of problems and failures
- Reduced human interaction
- Enhanced stakeholder / Investor confidence
- Reduced unplanned maintenance and failure repair
- Improved staff safety practices
- Rapid / On demand Service,
- Knowledge transfer and learning across multiple assets
Why choose LRQA?
LRQA is trusted by governments and industry organizations around the world to perform inspections and issue certifications.
Our people are sector experts. They bring with them a clear understanding of your specific challenges, standards and requirements.
We invest in our systems and surveyors to maintain accreditations and certifications around the world, giving you a single source for your certification needs.
Choosing us as your technical expert demonstrates your commitment to getting the critical early stages right the first time.