This course provides an introduction to food safety management systems (FSMS) and ISO 22000. It also explains how to identify the key attributes of an effective FSMS, how to describe, analyze and interpret the fundamental requirements of ISO 22000 and helps understand requirements of FSSC.
In addition, this course will provide delegates with the skills needed to assess and report on the effective implementation and maintenance of a Food Safety management system in accordance with ISO 22000, FSSC 22000, and the guidelines of ISO 19011:2018.
What will you learn?
- Describe the purpose and intent of a FSMS based on HACCP principles.
- Explain the legislative framework relevant to such a FSMS.
- Explain the purpose and intent of ISO 22000.
- Describe the ISO 22000 requirements.
- Describe the FSSC scheme requirements.
- Describe the purpose of a food safety management system, of food safety management systems standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a food safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a food safety management system to establish conformity with ISO 22000, ISO 22002-1, FSSC additional requirements, and in accordance with ISO 19011
What do you need to prepare?
Before starting this course, it is recommended that learners have the following prior knowledge:
- Prior experience of working in the food chain.
- Knowledge of HACCP principles.
- Knowledge of the following Food Safety management principles and concepts:
- Implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context. This includes private schemes such as BRCGS, GLOBALG.A.P., SQF, FSSC and/or other schemes which include management system components.
- Relevant key food safety legislation (this may be specific to delegates’ food industry context and location).
- Knowledge of prerequisite programs as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1.
- Good Practice guides for Agriculture (GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP), Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the student operates.
- The principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000 or acceptable equivalent, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA certified ISO 22000:2018 Foundation (FSMS) Training course or equivalent.
- Overview of food safety concepts
- ISO 22000 – Internal audit requirements
- Audit structure, roles and responsibilities
- Audit planning
- Conducting audits
- Audit reports
- Correction, corrective action, follow-up and evaluating corrective actions
- Audit practice
- Course review
Delegates who attend the full duration of the course will be issued with a “Certificate of Attendance”.
Delegates who successfully complete the training and successfully pass the continual assessment will be issued with a “Certificate of Completion”.
Training from LRQA
With LRQA, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from LRQA.
Certification with Exemplar Global
For an additional $99 USD you can also obtain an Exemplar Global Course Certification for your course.
What are the advantages of adding the Exemplar Global Certification?
With the additional Exemplar Global Course Certification, you will get access to:
- The Exemplar Global Work Style Behavioural Assessment
- One-Year Graduate Certification
- Use of Exemplar Global’s brands and logo to promote your certification
- Access to Exemplar Global Webinars and Online events
- Access to Exemplar Global online resources, including Auditor OnLine and regular Job Board notifications
- Access to the social community of graduates
- An innovative, continual learning environment for learners and graduates
- Ongoing support for an entrepreneurial career track for graduates and learners
How to add Exemplar Global Certification to your training course?
If you're booking online, you can add the option of Exemplar Global before you proceed to checkout or contact our team directly.
Find out more
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.